IELTS, the International English Language Testing System, is designed to assess the language ability of people who need to study, work, or live where English is the language of communication. IELTS results are accepted by more than 10,000 organisations, including universities and employers in 140+ countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the USA. It is recognised by professional bodies, immigration authorities and other government agencies.
IELTS conforms to the highest International Standards of language assessment. It covers the four language skills-listening, reading, writing and speaking.
Why Should I Take IELTS?
• IELTS is widely available and globally accepted. To find your closest test centre, please click here: (Tests Near Me)
• IELTS is trusted by individuals and organisations around the world for its fairness, reliability and high-quality standards.
• IELTS offers test takers a choice to take the Listening, Reading, and Writing sections of the test on computer or paper.
• IELTS is the only English language test where the Speaking test is a one-on-one session with an examiner in a private room, where you will not be interrupted by other test takers.
• IELTS results are available in 5-7 days (computer-delivered) and 13 days (paper-based).
• There is no pass or fail in IELTS. The score you need is determined by the organization you are applying to.
Academic or General Training - which test is for me?
IELTS is available in two versions: Academic and General Training.
The Academic Test is suited for people applying for higher education or professional registration.
The General Training test is for those migrating to Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the UK, or applying for secondary education, training programmes and work experience in an English speaking environment.
Please check with the organization that has requested IELTS to confirm which version and what scores you need.
Computer or Paper – which IELTS is for me?
In IELTS, practice makes perfect. There are many free and paid resources available to help you succeed.
• Register for FREE WEEKLY ONLINE SEMINARS: 90-minute session with an IELTS expert. Click here for the class schedule.
• Download FREE PREP TOOLS. Click here.
• Get access to FREE PREP ADVICE! Watch IELTS videos, subscribe to the IELTS weekly blog and monthly newsletter
What you need
1. Digital copy of your passport, national ID card or Secure Certificate of Indian Status. You will need to UPLOAD a copy of this document. You must present the original of the uploaded document on the test day i.e. if you upload a copy of your passport you will have to show your original passport on test day (ID card is NOT accepted) and the same goes for other forms of ID.
2. If you do not possess and cannot obtain one of the identity documents listed above, you may still be able to sit an IELTS test. Please contact your local centre to discuss your situation.
3. VISA or Master Card – payment options may be different for each test location. You will receive an immediate confirmation email. If you prefer not to pay by credit card, please click offline payment.
How to Book and pay for a test?
Register Online in just 6 easy steps
Recommended Web Browser: Internet Explorer
1. Go to IELTS global
2. Pick your closest test centre
3. Click on Book Now. You will be redirected to the IELTS global online registration system
4. Complete your application details and upload your scanned documents
5. Confirm your test date and details
6. Pay for your test